Friday, June 17, 2011

A brief introduction from the Social Media Coordinator

Hello everyone, my name is Deisy Vargas and I recently graduated from Elsie Allen High School. Go Lobos!!!! Prior to graduating, I joined the staff of Community Action Partnership of Sonoma County as the Social Media Coordinator for the Sonoma County Peer Outreach Coalition. In the fall I will be attending the Santa Rosa Junior College with my ultimate goal of transferring to UC Berkeley. I will major in Journalism (media) and minor in Education with hopes of one day becoming a broadcaster. One of the things I enjoy doing the most in making a difference in my community. I have been in a leadership group called DIG since the seventh grade. The focus of this group is to raise awareness of the problems associated with underage drinking.

I am very excited to be blogging for the SCPOC and listening to everyone’s opinions. Some topics that will be discussed include depression, anxiety, eating disorders, reducing stigma the prevention of drugs, sexual health, and many more exciting topics. Our blogs will be bilingual as well as our Facebook posts. I encourage you to check out all the resources the SCPOC posts on Facebook and to comment on our blogs!

No comments:

Post a Comment